Best of Little Italy Tour
Experience the story of Little Italy, San Diego--a neighborhood with an Italian presence since 1871! A thrilling adventure through time from the late 19th century and the coming of the Italians to San Diego up through today's modern-day Renaissance.
Available Year Round – Call to set a date!
San Diego, Little Italy, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
About the event
· The Piazza Basilone-fountain/war memorial, honoring the boys of Little Italy who died at war plus a visit to the Piazza della Famiglia—the new center of Little Italy with its beautiful fountain and the Piazza Pescatore—dedicated to the historic fisherman of Little Italy
· SPECIAL ACCESS INSIDE--Little Italy’s Italian church built in 1925 recipient of a recent 2.5 million restoration with stunning religious art--frescoes, oil paintings & stained glass
· Historic homes from the 19th century including a visit INSIDE a fully-restored Italian home built in the 1880s
· Hidden neighborhood landmarks of the world that was...in the Italian quarter
· The house of the Black Hand--the shadowy gang that reigned during the Prohibition era, when for a brief time, they intimidated local Italian businesses with threats of violence
· A visit inside an old-world Italian grocery store built in the 1920's - and much more!